Monday, January 21, 2013

BLM RV Fire


"Readiness is all."

The other day we made the rounds.  Out came the camera and we were off to check out some of the very different and unique RVs and camping facilities in the Quartzsite area.  There are certainly some creative camping facilities around here.  The problem is I haven’t had time to preview or sort the pictures.  We’ve been terribly busy.  There’s been something to do in the morning, something to take care of in the afternoon and more on the calendar towards evening.  

saty2

This is one RV picture that I don’t have to worry about sorting.  It definitely stands out from all the other photos I took.  The other evening this older motorhome burned to the ground and it’s still sitting where it was parked on the BLM.  This definitely isn’t something any of us want to experience.  I don’t know about any of the details but hopefully everyone was safe.  As for the motorhome and the contents … that’s just stuff.

Eventually, I’ll get caught up but right now I’m just too tired.  However, here’s another photo of our campfire tonight.

saty1

‘Tis life on the road.

6 comments:

  1. too bad about the motorhome! sure hope everyone got out okay!
    enjoyed the campfire photo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nobody wants to have to live thru a house fire of any kind.
    But as long as everyone is ok its just stuff like you said.
    Enjoy the campfire.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know it is a good tired you are feeling. Keep on enjoying the sand, sun, and friends.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just don't let that campfire get too big and too close to your RV, or all your storage problems will be solved...

    I'm sort of glad I'm not with y'all this year at Q, from all the running around you've been doing, I don't think I could keep up with you kids! ;c)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great looking campfire. Not so great about that burned out RV.

    ReplyDelete
  6. There is a BLM rule of minimum 15ft. between parked Rvs. One of the reasons is to prevent fires from spreading from one Rv to another. many RVs out here are parked up close. No enforcement?

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment.