Monday, June 2, 2014

From a Jack to a King


We’ve been busy doing a whole lot of “nuthin” and sometimes we like it just that way.  We even have our friends, Ed and Linda, nearby to do “nuthin” with.  Well, we did play another round of bingo and this time I won the big bucks instead of Linda.  However, the big bucks didn’t even cover the amount it cost us to play.but it was still fun.

1June_25

The weather at the coast has been nice.  It’s not too hot and not too cold.  School isn’t out in this part of Oregon yet so the campground isn’t packed and neither is the little town of Seaside. We did make an unplanned trip seven miles south to Cannon Beach on Sunday and discovered where all the people were.  They were in Cannon Beach!  Obivously, they feel the same way we do in that no trip to Seaside is complete without a trip to Cannon Beach so that’s what we had to do.

1June_19

We only have a couple more days left in Seaside and we do have tentative plans.  We're going to get out our rarely used golf clubs and make fools of ourselves attempting to play golf.  Another day we’re hoping enough wind comes up to get those newly purchased kites in the air.  That's about it for this trip at the coast but we'll be back.  We plan on moving our motorhome into storage here.  We’ve not done that before so we’re going to see how it works.  Hopefully, the propane will keep our refrigerator running so nothing in there gets spoiled.  It’s not that we’ll be gone a long time but maybe a week or ten days before we return.  

1June_6

I mentioned in my previous blog that Terry had finally joined the texting crowd with a new Samsung S4 phone.  Well, he wasn’t the only one that changed phones.   My little iPhone 4s has now been replaced with the Samsung Note 3.  device_145x250_cThus, From a Jack to a King.  The jury is still out on that upgrade though. There are many things I like about the bigger phone / combo tablet but there are also a few things I don’t like.  Taking photos in the bright sunlight with the Samsung is definitely a challenge  Like I said, the jury is out and I’m hoping it’s just a learning cure.  

One big thing we did learn about upgrading phones is downloadthat even though you’re due an upgrade through Verizon or AT&T, it might be quite a bit cheaper to do that upgrade away from the corporate owned stores.  We noticed upgrade prices on phones were considerably cheaper at Best Buy and Fred Meyers.  Thus, we made a trip to AT&T and asked why.  Well, it seems a better price structure is offered to them to entice new customers. Thus, they can pass those better prices on to the consumer.  We walked back across the street from the local AT&T store to Fred Meyers and saved $120 on the upgrade.   I always figure it’s better to have those savings in my pocket than in someone else’s pocket.


‘Tis life on the road.

Opportunity tends to knock once.  Then, it’s gone.  Temptation, however, likes to stand there and lean on the darn doorbell!

11 comments:

  1. The nice thing about doing nuthin is that if you don't finish today there's always tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a good nuttin to me. That is exactly what we are doing here in Michigan...nuttin....well, kind of nuttin.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It has been fun. The golf will be a hoot. Can't wait!

    ReplyDelete
  4. We loved Cannon Beach.

    Wow...what a great savings. Thanks for the heads up on the phone issue. When Paul finally decides to upgrade, we will hit BB. No Fred's in this part of the country.

    I think Paul and I both missed something. Why is the MH going into storage?

    ReplyDelete
  5. The beach is beautiful Jeri...I love the picture of the rocks and driftwood. My kind of day doing nuttin too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm getting faster.

    Where are you off to next?

    ReplyDelete
  7. I keep telling myself it's just my case getting battered; the phone works fine. :)

    I also want to know why the motorhome is going into storage.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good to know about the phone upgrade pricing. I'll remember that if I ever upgrade my Old Motorola Droid 3G. I still love this phone!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Storing the MH? Now I'm starting to worry that you may find you don't need it anymore! :cO

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gotta love this time of year , great weather and not too many crowds, have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I think Canon Beach is my favourite spot of all on the Oregon Coast. Then again, there are just too many to have just one favourite I think.

    I'll be interested in hearing how you like your new Galaxy Note 3 after using it for a while. It seems pretty big for a phone but I've never actually tried one.

    Rick’s Bits ‘n Bytes, Pics and News

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment.