Saturday, March 29, 2014

An RV Site To Dream About


__28mar_3Friday we went to Market Square.  We knew Sandi wanted to shop for souvenirs.  As you can tell by the pictures below, this is a mecca for shoppers looking for souvenirs.  It’s almost like going to Mexico.  Signs indicated it’s the largest Mexican market north of the border.  She had plenty of things to look at but didn’t do too much buying.  We killed a few hours in the market.




__28mar_4

We had tried to visit the market last week but that was on a Saturday and that was when we saw numerous parking lots with $20 parking signs.  We didn’t see any of those on Friday. The signs then had much lower prices ranging from $2.50 to $5.00 and those were places within a block of the market. We were willing to fork out that much but certainly not $20 for parking just to shop.



__28mar_6That was the last full day we had in San Antonio.  When Saturday morning rolled around we were on the road again and heading south.   We entered I-35 in the far right lane.  In less than  1/2 a mile we needed to be in the far left lane as the 410 veered off.  San Antonio has lots of freeways and most of the time it seemed we entered on the right but needed to be in the left lane rather fast.  That got to be quite challenging at times.


It definitely was a beautiful drive south.  Many wildflowers were in bloom including a few fields of bluebonnets.  I tried to take a few pictures of them as we cruised on by but they certainly weren't worth posting.  



__28mar_5 __28mar_8

About 150 miles later we pulled into our gorgeous RV site.  This site will definitely be a hard one to beat in the future.  The view out our window is terrific,  Plus the weather is warm, sky mostly blue and the birds are chirping.  Well, maybe most of the birds we have here are squawking instead of chirping but we still think it’s pretty awesome.  Anyway, winter is now behind us … thank goodness!


1__28mar_2

Not a bad spot we just pulled into!

1__28mar_5
Contemplating


This year has been all about finding new places, rediscovering folks and eating at all kinds of new restaurants.

1__28mar_3
The Scout
1__28mar_6
Security Guard



Right now we’re sitting down by the Gulf and hope to enjoy each and every minute of it.


1__28mar_7

‘Tis life on the road!


I hooked up my accelerator pedal in my car to my brake lights.  I hit the gas, people behind me stop, and I'm gone.

12 comments:

  1. that's a pretty nice spot to sit and contemplate for a while! enjoy the lovely view!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, that is a great spot...as long as there is no tsunami! ;c)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous. Time to unwind (if you can figure out how). LOL

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Teri and Jerry,
    Here are the blogs about Corpus Christi and Port Aransas I promised you...
    http://travelbug-susan.blogspot.com/2014/01/when-bloggers-meet-walk-talk-eat-sun.html
    and
    http://travelbug-susan.blogspot.com/2014/01/alligators-bags-and-boots-sun-jan-12.html

    I hope you see some great birds while you're there. Who knows, maybe you'll see Bags and Boots!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the header photo.

    I can see you in every one of those pairs of boots.

    Ok, I buy it is a gorgeous site, but what is the name of the campground or is it a secret?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Finally some nice warm weather on the beach, gotta love it, enjoy your time there.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good morning.....that is an awesome spot to call home for awhile! I do love the gulf! The smell, the feel of the sandy beaches and oh those beautiful birds! Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yes you have to share...Where is this campground??

    ReplyDelete
  9. That is a gorgeous looking RV site - I guess that's why you're keeping it a secret?

    $20 is way too much for parking for a market. Heck, I don't even want to buy stuff for a total of $20!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Add me to the list of WHERE IS THIS PLACE !!??? It sure doesn't get much better than that !!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I notice you aren't sharing where this place is. I am presuming Sandi is traveling with you and that is her in the beautiful banner.

    ReplyDelete
  12. OK, I'm dreaming. Wish I was visiting but at least I'm dreaming.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment.