Friday, December 27, 2013

At the Beginning


Talk about being out of the loop, I have definitely been out of it.  The question I asked myself was where would I start if I tried to blog about everything that has happened since the last blog.  I decided to start at the beginning and leave 99% of it out.  Since I cap my blogs at less than 1,000 words, I figure I have no choice but to leave most of it out.

I left off hoping I would be able to find an empty seat on the first Alaska flight out of town.  I was lucky because even though it was just before the Christmas holiday, there was a seat waiting for me. I thought things were good.

After that it was run, run, wrap, wrap and get ready for Christmas.  As usual the Christmas we shared with family was awesome.  It always is the best time of year.  Other than the fact we were all exhausted from the activities, we had a great time together.  Terry flew back to Arizona on Thursday.  After all Duchess was there in the motorhome waiting for his return.

That was the fun part. However, into every life there sometimes come things that aren’t so fun.  I must have ticked Mr. Murphy off at sometime because I sure seem to end up with more problems than I care to deal with. 

My brother has now been moved into hospice.  That in itself was quite an unpleasant adventure.  Getting it done and everything agreed upon sometimes is the most difficult part.  His apartment still needs to be moved out of and other arrangements worked out.  I’ve literally worn myself out with all the hours I’ve spent at working on his affairs and sitting with him.  Thus, that’s my excuse (plus feeling lousy) for not blogging or commenting on other blogs.  My brain has been fried.

I had expected to head back to Arizona before now but I'm not sure when I will be able to do that.   Hopefully, it's sooner than later.  We have plans for January that we sure hope to be able to keep.

That’s my report.  The good thing is that Justin flies in tonight.


‘Tis a break in the life on the road.

The heaviest thing to carry is a grudge.

10 comments:

  1. Oh My Jeri, You sure have had a lot to deal with and to do these last few months. Hoping a time will come for you soon so that you can slow down and relax.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Kiddo, don't forget to put in a little "You" time each day.

    Joe

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow , pretty hectic , best slow down a bit and catch your breath.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank heavens that Justin will be flying home to brighten up your days. Enjoy your time with him, you've earned it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are in our thoughts and remember you have another life, a much more pleasant one.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for the update. Hope things begin to slow down a bit and you get some time to visit with Justin and take it easy for a while. Best wishes during a tough time.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It was great to get an update from you so we know you are okay. Not good but okay. Sorry you're having to deal with this right now. But Justin's arrival will bring some sunshine.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have only blogged twice this month. Just the season for much more important things than blogging!

    Our thoughts and prayers go out to your brother and all the family. We pray for comfort, strength and peace. Please take care of yourself. As the saying goes...you are no good to anyone when you aren't feeling well.

    Love you girlfriend!

    ReplyDelete
  9. so sorry you are having to go through all this, but happy you are able to be there for your brother. Thats important.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment.