Saturday, July 6, 2013

Finally ... I Can Touch My Toes Again !!


PACKING 30 POUNDS LESS

Never order food in excess of your body weight.

I don’t chose when it’s time to report in with an update by the date.  It’s by the pounds and that time has come again. Thank goodness.  It may seem a short time to some but to me it’s taking forever to
get here.  Taking off the last ten has taken a long, long time!!   I just hope it takes longer to put those pounds back on that it took to take them off!  I have to get this posted this quick because we finally put something in the refrigerator that I can't just have one bite of.  For some folks it's popcorn and for others it might be potato chips but for me it's watermelon!

At the moment another milestone has finally been reached.  I’ve lost 30 pounds!  Yahoo!!  Yippee!! Woot!  Woot!  Not only that but my BMI is no longer in the overweight range.  It’s normal again and I can really touch my toes!

May31b21_thumb[1] May31b21_thumb[1] May31b21_thumb[1]

Thirty pounds less than I was on April 23rd!  First report given on May 15th after shedding 11 pounds.

Second report made on June 7th carrying 20 pounds less than before. 

On Day one I had a goal but the closer I got to that goal, I wasn't so sure that was a good goal.  I’m only two pounds away from that one now.  That's not really where I want to be so I changed it to six more pounds instead but then again, I'm not so sure that's where I want to be either.  Maybe I'll change that goal to ten more pounds ... maybe.  However, the plan is to go much slower yet now.  You can't just stop this on a dime and go back to eating like before.  I plan on sliding into that goal no matter what it ends up being.  I'd like to feel like I've accomplished something.  Whatever the magic number is I want to be through in August.  At least I want to be mostly through.  

My big shopping day of August 1st isn't going to be so big.  I had to break down and buy a couple pairs of pants that weren't uncomfortable to wear or likely to fall off.

  ---  Too Skinny.1079908-Clipart-Red-Haired-Woman-Shown-As-Skinny-And-Overweight-Royalty-Free-Vector-Illustration

As well as being on a diet, I’ve had a few new learning experiences.  Everything isn’t about the size you wear.  After all you can wear three different sizes at the same time just by changing name brand, design or by wearing spandex.  I've been wearing lots of spandex but even those fall into the one size fits all bracket.


Another learning experience I had was in ring sizing.  My rings were getting way too tight in April.  You know how it works.  Just like my clothes were shrinking from the clothes dryers in the RV parks, the gold in my rings were shrinking too.  I was thinking it was a reflection on the economy and they were getting smaller just like every thing else we were buying.  The answer was to have about six of them sized up and that was just a few days before I went on this diet.  Ouch!   Now the only ones that fit are the ones I didn’t have 12948615-a-vector-illustration-of-a-skinny-girl-weighing-herself-on-the-weight-scalesized.  I think I’ll wait a while to have any resized down!

-- Who in the world would get on a scale with the weight of a wet towel around their head and another towel around their body?  Not me!!!

Most of us learn to count like this 1, 2, 3, 4, 5.  I’ve learned a new way of counting.  It’s like this –.1, –.2, –.3, –.4, –.5.  I can now count backwards very efficiently. My scale has taught me how.

That’s my report.  Some folks look forward to a last supper.  I’m looking forward to a first supper.  What do I want?  I want to go to Anthony’s and have their Ling Cod!!


Finally …………… I’m beginning to see the light at the end of tunnel.  I just don't know exactly where that end is.


‘Tis life on the road.

14 comments:

  1. Congratulations on the weight loss, sure is great feeling to drop all that excess, enjoy you new body.

    ReplyDelete
  2. YAAAAA...WHOOOOOO! This is wonderful news. Congratulations, Jeri. I know this was not any where close to an easy task. We are so proud of you. Hope we can meet up this winter and see the new body "up close and personal"...but not too personal.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is the most exciting news ever. You have really accomplished a fantastic goal. We need a good picture of you now showing off the new sexy bod.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good for you, Jeri... there is a quote I like... don't remember the exact words but something like, "Nothing tastes as good as feeling trim and fit." I remember Roger recently commented on losing a similar amount, and I think many of us are on this path after years of not eating consciously. Here's to long, healthy RV adventures.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's always wonderful when you set a goal and reach it - congratulations! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats on being able to touch your toes! Were they still all there? ;c)

    Won't be long and we'll be seeing you on TV in those weight loss ads. Guess you better get busy and find some good bikinis... :cD

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cute pictures. Show us the real thing.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good for you for losing the weight! It's hard to do but you've stuck with it. I hope you do't go back to enough old eating habits to regain it all.

    As fat as I am, I never lost my ability to touch my toes. Must be my long arms. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congratulations! At least I can see my toes:)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Toes, we really have TOES? Congratulations Jeri

    Joe

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congrats! That's an amazing weight loss - it must feel great.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great news! I know how hard it is to loose weight! Lots and lots of self control....I applaud your success!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Another congratulations coming your way -- but really who needs to touch their toes anyway. I know I can't !! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow, I am so happy for you. I REALLY need to get motivated to take off some weight too. one of the things that is difficult as a fulltimer is regular workouts. :(

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment.