Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Living Without Internet or Cell

 
.

 You can't leave footprints in the sands of time if you're sitting on your butt.  And, who wants to leave buttprints in the sands of time?

Can we do it? Can we live without internet or cell phones?  Our existence seems to tie us to areas where we have easy access to the _apr21internet.  Can we disconnect ourselves from the internet for even a day?  What happens when you have no internet and no cell phone either?  I can answer that because we’ve been without both for way too long.  Matter of fact two counties are struggling with outages.

Curious deer watches while we unload the RV


Eventually our services will return.  At least we hope they will.  In the meantime we’re cleaning out the motorhome and transferring all of our items we used during the winter to our “cabin” where we’ll be off and on for part of the summer.  That’s a lot of work and will certainly keep us busy at least until our internet and cell phone services return.

We hope it’s soon. For now we have to take our computers with us when we head to town to upload anything including this blog. Eventually I’ll catch up with everyone but for now …. no such luck.

_apr22
Fifth wheel fire that probably started around propane water heater while snowbirding owners were in Arizona.  Everything was destroyed -----  5th wheel, cover and porch.


‘Tis life on the road.

11 comments:

  1. So glad that fire did not touch your cabin.

    No, I cannot live without internet. I'm already working on a backup system for next winter's travels. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome header photo, Jeri.

    I think Paul and I would go a bit stir crazy without Internet or cell service. We would have a very difficult time keeping in contact with the girls without either.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just when you think life is so hard without the Internet service, you see that burned out fiver. Puts things into perspective.

    Hope the Internet/cell service returns soon, though. Don't want to see you get overheated from lugging your laptop all around town. ;c)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Apparently "Canada" is talking about having internet just "out there" everywhere, free! How, I have no idea. In the meantime, hang in there.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Funny how we have become so dependent on something we never had as children or even younger adults! But I admit, I'm addicted and really don't like to go without my internet.

    ReplyDelete
  6. enjoy your time off the 'grid'! sometimes it is good to be disconnected!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. We do rely on it way to much now and its almost sad. But such is life.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Jealous of your time outside the grid! Wish I could afford to take a break myself!

    Started following your site, hope you follow back my Coachella travel blog soon :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I can relate, when I got back after only 3.5 days on the road I had 88 blog posts waiting for me.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I was thinking in the line that I have to stop using the internet so much. From an occasional use as a start when I got my Mac it has rapidly grown to dominate my entire day!
    Too much time goes by reading newspapers, weather forecasts, emails and blogs. Not to talk of writing a new posting.
    Not that I don't enjoy it. But it seems just too much.
    I guess if I don't change something soon I will definitively leave "butt prints" in the sand of time! :))

    ReplyDelete
  11. Cut off my arms ! Take my first born ! But DON'T take my Internet away from me !! I'd have to move for sure. LOL

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment.