Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Just Around The Corner


Life is what we make it … always has been, always will be.

Change is again in the air.  Memorial Day marked the beginning of change from winter activities as campground1summer fever hit the campgrounds. At that time folks started thinking about being out of doors. Plans started being made for summer weekends and especially the 3-day ones.  Families with their kids started to converge on the campgrounds

Packed campground







Then, Labor Day arrived and change again was in the air.   This time it meant all the summer toys brought with the families would be put away for another nine months.  Summer 2013 was officially behind.  Officially it isn't really over for a few more weeks but in our minds it seems to end at Labor Day.

We watched as emptycampgroundfolks put their gear away, packed up the RVs and tents.  Hundreds (or was it thousands) of people left the area with their boats, RVs, tents and other stuff as they headed back to the city.  Were we glad?  We were thrilled!

Empty Campground




It seems the weather even knew summer was over.   I’m normally a very early riser and this morning it was still dark when I got up.  We have lost our sun and the clouds rolled in.  Change from our summer habits is definitely ahead.


This will be a busy week for sure.  I’d like to get our smoker smoking again but need to get some good meat to put in it.  We are also hoping to get some news on our Jeep today and what all is required to get it on the road.  Please let it be good news. tex


There's one more big thing I need to get ready for.  I have a first cousin’s reunion this weekend.    It’s in Texas.  I'm thinking it's about time to figure out how I’m going to get there before then.
 
map1

Another adventure is also just around the corner.  It's heading south for the winter along with other snowbirds.   We’ve definitely started looking at the calendar, the maps and. checking out destinations.  Well, it's just around the corner if we ever get our Jeep road ready again.







‘Tis life on the road. 



just_grav1
USS Gravely DDG 107

11 comments:

  1. I was a very HAPPY CAMPER yesterday to see the crowds leave the campground where I am. Now if I only didn't have to wait TWO MORE MONTHS before I can head South !!! grrrrr

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes we too enjoy the empty campgrounds after labor Day weekend, so peaceful now!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The traffic on 97 in Oregon was terrible yesterday. People returning to Portland. Our campground here in Prineville, OR is almost deserted too. Whoo, hooo, but we are moving on in 2 days.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I imagine if you're planning on going to Texas this weekend, you'll be flying there! We saw dozens and dozens of campers heading out of the campgrounds yesterday and headed back down to Victoria for the winter.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Now I have read everything...a first cousins reunion. You guys just think up reasons to party. I like your thought process.

    ReplyDelete
  6. There are only seniors in the park. No children screaming, no skate boards thundering down the road (the wrong way to boot). The air feels different and WE ARE THE ONLY STAFF HERE.

    There would be four people at my 1st cousins reunion and I have no idea where the three others are.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I don't know most of of my first cousins anymore. I had a good time the last time Dave's first cousins got together, though. Since we left my family in Illinois when I was 15 and I first met Dave's family in Minnesota when we were 17, I have felt a member of his family longer than I have mine. I do have first cousins on my side of the family I enjoy; I just don't get to see much of them.

    I'm with Sassy--two more months before I can go south! Stupid health insurance rules!

    ReplyDelete
  8. We're quite disappointed in not heading west because of that March 1 wedding. Two months is not enough time for us to get there and back to NJ, and in March, we'll probably be fighting snow. :c(

    We could do some PDD travel, but we're trying to break that from our lifestyle.

    Keeping our fingers crossed for good news on the JAGJEEP.

    ReplyDelete
  9. So we wer both seeing the change today - interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sure hoping to hear something good and quick on that Jeepster. That's one of the nice things about our summer spot - we don't have to deal with other campers. We saw several rigs on the road today but I'm sure there were a whole lot more out there yesterday. Have a great time in Texas - hope the flights go smoothly.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yup, summer is officially over. Yeaaaa! Every time someone blogs about Arizona I start getting excited about heading there. But NM is still having great weather and I love it here, so I'm trying to rein myself in. Also, way too hot still in Quartzsite. Hope to see you there! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment.