Wednesday, September 25, 2013

5 Days …. 5 Computers


Why is it that our memory is good enough to retain the least triviality that happens to us, and yet not good enough to recollect how often we have told it to the same person?

The saga continues with our computer ordering.  In five days I’ve purchased five computers and so far had none delivered.  Murphy must have been involved with all these computers.    Three of the charthges have finally dropped off my credit card.  Now only two remain.  We thought the problem was solved when we ordered computer number 4.  Not so as we discovered Tuesday that the shipment for computer number 4 had been delayed for at least another ten days. Obviously that won’t work for us.   Who knows where we’ll be at projected delivery time of that one.

We were back on the internet and ordered yet a different one.   I do know my American Express card has been busy and this 5th computer has now been charged.  Projected delivery was supposed to be this Friday but  tracking shows we might actually get it Thursday.  At least it’s on the way and we hope, in perfect condition.

catsdogsLast Sunday we had another birthday party and celebrated the birthdays of Sabrina and Robert.  I really like getting together with family for special occasions.  Maybe we don’t do much but at least we take the time to share time.  I took a few pictures but they weren’t the best.  Is it the camera or is it me?  Of course, Michael was sick but we still opted to have the party.  Now I’m trying to figure out if I can blame him for this bug or if I picked it up elsewhere.  I guess it really doesn’t matter where I got it.  I just want it to go away.

It’s been raining cats and dogs!


It has been raining and raining and raining since Sunday.  It hasn’t been continuous but it’s certainly been enough to dampen our spirits as well as everything around us.  Tuesday was moving day so we moved items we weren’t going to be using over the next six months into our storage shed.  The items we planned on taking on the road with us weresep24_2 moved and organized into the motorhome.  Did we get wet?  We got soaked.  Am I sick?  Yep but the good thing is I can’t transmit these germs over the internet …. or, can I? I've even been busy cancelling a few things that were in chalk on our calendar.  I certainly don't want to be responsible for getting someone else sick.


Low clouds, wet roads and rain

  





sep24_1

Tuesday afternoon we moved the motorhome down to our mechanic’s shop.  It took three guys about 45 minutes to install the replacement fabric we had ordered for our awning. 
This solution was much better than the bid we had received from an RV repair person.  He estimated 2 hours at a price of $300 for the installation. We ended up paying $100. 







sep24_3There are no rips and the new one even matches better than the factory coordinated colors.  With all the rain we even get to use it in our new “mooch-docking” location.  That’s right.  We’ll be mooch-docking again in our son’s driveway for about ten days.  Of course, I told his family not to come and visit until I get over this bug I seem to have picked up.  I’d hate for them to get sick too.




‘Tis life on the road.

9 comments:

  1. Sure hope that bug leaves quickly so you can enjoy your last few times up north until next year. Love the new awning. We need to do the same thing - hopefully get that done this winter some time. Good luck with the computer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The awning looks fantastic!!!!!

    Get well soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Egads...sorry to hear the bug is already going around. Hope you feel better very soon. I also hope at least one if those computers shows up soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great fix on the awning! Sorry to hear you have been under the weather...hope you feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hope you're back to 100% soon and one of those computers arrives.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Did you catch that virus from one of the computers you ordered? I know you can't transmit germs via the Internet, but I'm sure somebody is out there working on the idea. :cO

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice looking new awning fabric and a good price for the install.
    Hope that is not a computer virus you have.
    Get well soon.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Feel better! Maybe its time to get out of that damp climate :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Only you Jeri ! Only you !! LOL

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment.