Monday, July 22, 2013

All About Justin


The secret of your future is hidden in your daily routine.

Everyone knows I am not really into Facebook.  However, Sabrina sent me some pictures posted on the page of the USS Gravely.  Pictures of Justin were posted there.  Check out the photos below.


Posted on the page    ……………    “We pulled into Souda Bay, Crete for a brief overnight visit to pick up some passengers for an upcoming training event. One day is not a long time in port but it provided the opportunity to make some phone calls, do laundry, get some sun on the beach and have a non-mess deck dinner.”


Crete is a gorgeous Greek Island.  We’re glad he got to stop there.  We know …  been there, done that.  However, this is all about Justin so here it is.

justin1ab
justin1a


justin2
justin2a


justin3b
justin3dd


Now let me see … can I say loving the water is genetic?   Can I say it’s obvious that Justin wanted to train for the ship’s SAR (Search and Rescue Swimmer)?  What do I base this on?  I want to pat myself on the back for something so let me start here.  He learned to swim in our pool when we lived in Texas.  His father is a scuba diver.  His mother is a Dive Master and his grandparents (Terry and I) are Advanced Scuba Divers.  It sounds genetic to me and I’m patting myself on my back anyway.


For Justin, ‘Tis life on the sea …….

10 comments:

  1. That is just way too cool. Definitely takes after his grandfolks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad he's enjoying the training. I wouldn't.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! Great pictures! It's not often you get pictures of what you do in the military. They will be great keepsakes for Justin.

    And the color of that water, how jealous his shipmates must have been not being able to take a swim like he did! :c)

    Another young American Hero, we sure are thankful for men like Justin!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yep it definitely runs in the family, nice pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations to Justin.

    With all your DNA knowledge, is there a gene for swimming? If so, it is definitely in your family!

    ReplyDelete
  6. As well you should...pat yourself on the back that is! Just AWESOME! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great photos of Justin! I'd be taking credit for such a great Grandson as well! You have every right to be as proud as you are of him!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Exciting photos of the simulated rescue. It must be so fun to be able to see what he is doing.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Well you deserve a pat on the back I'd say !!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Proud Gramma and Grampa! Way cool!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment.