Wednesday, May 15, 2013

RV Folks Are To Blame


As you slide down the banister of life, may the splinters never point in the wrong direction.

 
_prom1_4 

Any idea what those weights symbolize? 

It’s eleven pounds of weights.

It represents the weight I have lost since April 23rd when I started this stupid diet.  Well, it’s not quite accurate since I don’t have a weight that’s .4 pound.  And, when you’re on a diet …. every little ounce counts!



 
If you have recently found those pounds … the answer is No. No .. I do not want it returned.  I keep being told it’s a lifestyle change to lose the weight.  Heck with the lifestyle change!!!  I just want to lose the weight first.

We all know the RV crowd is a rough one.  Hanging around with them usually costs extra pounds.  We all need someone to blame and that’s who I’m blaming … each and every one of you who forced me to stuff my face at every meal we shared.

When you are on a diet you think of it often. Matter of fact, you dwell on it and look forward to thedryer day when someone says to you, “Wow .. you’ve lost weight.”  That normally doesn’t happen much with 11.4 pounds.  What does happen is that all those clothes that you know shrunk in those commercial dryers all of a sudden fit.  You know the ones.  The dryers are located in the local laundromats and RV parks.  The pants that were getting tighter are no longer tight.  The ones that fit are starting to sag.  The ones that were tight .. now fit perfectly.  Anyone know what I’m talking about?  It's the dryer's fault!  Actually ... it can be.

The next eleven pounds should be more obvious. It’ll probably be harder than the first eleven pounds too … been there, done this.  The problem is it’s harder to lose weight the older you get.  The stupid metabolism is a little more sluggish.  Thus, I’m not shooting for my former size 4.  I’m willing to compromise some.
shopping2 
I’ll check back in towards the end of June.  In the meantime I’ll continue to look forward to weighing in each morning … just for kicks, jotting the loss (or daily gain) on my little spreadsheet and planning the next meal … that I can’t eat.  What a summer this will be ! 

However, I’m certainly looking forward to shopping day. I’ll have a reason to dump the old clothes and fill it with new. (I have two closets!!)  What a fun day that will be !! Lunch out anyone?


‘Tis a hungry life on the road.

8 comments:

  1. Jeri, I am so proud of you. I would love to say I am sorry that I contributed to the gain but I'm not going to.

    I have been doing that diet road so many times so I know how hard it is.

    (Don't throw your clothes out. Our last free yard sale was such fun.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats woman. I would give my eye teeth to say I had lost 11.4 pounds. That is fantastic. An wishing you lots of luck with the next eleven.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know exactly how you feel as I'm in the same boat right now having to lose a few extra pounds I picked up while at the Sands RV Resort this winter.

    Congrats on your weight loss - keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Finally something I can't be blamed for! ;c)

    Didn't those weights you lost clank when you walked?

    ReplyDelete
  5. OK share you secret...give it to me at my email address.

    I need to lose 5 and I can't lose 1 oz.

    Congratulations. I know how difficult it is!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes, we feed each other way too well. And when we aren't doing that we are meeting at a restaurant somewhere. Next year I am going to be better behaved! Starting by being better prepared since I'll be leaving from home this time so can stock up before departure.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your Blogger Profile cannot be displayed and your website does not have an email address either. Are you a member of G+? I have no way of sending you an invite to the G+ Hangout.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulation. Sounds you are on the right track. Love your header photo. Awesome!
    Isn't that nice. I would love to change all the clothes in my closet, but I cannot let go! Some are still so loved and of good quality too.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment.